Dogwood Tree

Dogwood Tree
Dogwood Tree

Wednesday, August 3, 2011




Blog, Interrupted.

Yes, my Blog ran right smack into a wall—a wall called my two sons, who arrived on June 11th and promptly commandeered my life and computer. My rarified world of coffee sipping and blog composing was rudely ripped to shreds, as the spectre of my real life, “working mother,” returned.

Now, I find that almost two months have passed, and my blog has joined the millions of accessible but abandoned Blogcastles out there in Etherdom. However, despite the fact that I’m already back in Minnesota and settling back into my accustomed habits, I want to properly finish my blog and let my fans (at least five!) know about the remainder of my experience. Therefore, I made a mini-vow to spend the next week on a wrap-up. Not only will this serve as a record of our June and July in Japan, it will also be a space for me to ponder my experience, and to brainstorm how to continue my involvement with Northeastern Japan.

1 comment:

  1. 1. I am looking forward to reading the rest of what you write and

    2. You weren't obliquely referring to my blog as being abandoned there, were you? I am getting to it, JEEZ! (Did you see that I added the poem I wrote about my mother to mine earlier this summer? YES I DID!)

    3. I am kind of chuckling to myself over "Blog, Interrupted."

    ReplyDelete