Dogwood Tree

Dogwood Tree
Dogwood Tree

Sunday, June 19, 2011



I was asked to make a speech at Chapel this week. I've decided to talk about my experience singing "Red Dragonfly" for the people at the refugee center. Since Chapel is mandatory, there will be a very large number of girls listening to me- hope I can do a good job. I decided to end my speech by singing the song "Red Dragonfly," and spent a whole day illustrating each verse- my way of procrastinating, because I should have been polishing my speech instead. The illustration in the picture is for the second verse, "Picking mulberries in a mountain field and putting them in a basket- a distant vision from my youth."

The speech will be on the 22nd- after that, I can relax for a while.

Ben and Will will come to hear the speech. It's in Japanese, so they'll have to listen hard!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck - I'm sure you will be great, Marn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful illustration! I hope the speech went well. Please let us know how you are doing soon - I just heard there has been another earthquake. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with the brave, strong people of Northeastern Japan.

    ReplyDelete