Dogwood Tree

Dogwood Tree
Dogwood Tree

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Meanwhile, in Tokyo. . .



Meanwhile, I also visited my sensei in Tokyo. We ate at this fashionable restaurant in Kagurazaka. Whatever there is to be done in children's literature that's difficult (such as trying to make peace between China and Japan, protesting war, or even harder, trying to get the Japanese interested in Korean children's literature), that's what you'll find my sensei doing. One of the tasks I keep pushing on her is to help me get my own manuscript published-- trying to get Japan interested in Marnie. Actually, believe it or not, three years ago I began writing about a fantasy country located off the coast of Northeastern Japan. My long-suffering sensei has helped me to bring the manuscript to its current state, while along the way introducing me to everyone possible who might be interested in it. I don't know if sensei is reading this blog, but I just want to say, thank-you. And thank-you, and then once more: Thanks, Sensei!

2 comments:

  1. So THIS is your Sensei! She looks cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you got to eat in a fashionable restaurant! I can't wait to hear more about this fantasy country of yours!

    ReplyDelete